I am thinking of taking a trip to Colombia for the Barranquilla carnival in the beginning of March. For anyone that doesn’t know about it think of the carnival held in Brazil and you’ve got yourself a basic idea of what we’re dealing with here. Carnivals are a mainstay in South American culture and I cannot wait to experience some for myself.
If anyone out there has been to the Barranquilla carnival I was wondering if you could help me out with some of the basic details:
- Is there a price increase during the week for accom/food
- Cost of tickets
- Cost of alcohol and food in general
- Best city to participate in
- Best places to visit outside of carnival week
- Essentials to pack
- Essential experiences
- Anything else you think I’ve missed …
Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated
See you soon!