I’d like to turn this into an advice page/column so please… comment away! Participation is key to helping others 🙂
So I’ve been mulling over the idea of travelling with a pet. A dog to be precise. I lived my whole life with them and I couldn’t think of a nicer way to see the world than with a trusted friend. Has anyone ever been travelling with their pet before? Are you currently still travelling with your companion?
I haven’t got the first idea of what I need to do to travel internationally with a dog… so here I am throwing the door open to advice and suggestions !
- Is long term travel viable with a pet?
- Will I be restricted as to which countries I can visit?
- Is accommodation harder to find/more expensive if I have a pet?
- Any special shots/items the pet needs?
- Any breeds better suited for travel, or does it not matter?
- Dogs on planes…trains… etc… what’s the go?
- Dogs in public places ???
And anything else that comes to mind…
It’s just an idea at this stage… so please post away. Any advice, suggestions, ideas and maybe even your own queries could come in handy