So an update in regards to Where to next? Help me decide… and Setting myself a new backpacking challenge, and I need your help…: I’ve been waiting patiently to round up the last of my savings and order in a few of the handy items you good people suggested I acquire. Now all I need to do is wait out one or two job opportunities that have OF COURSE popped up now as I could be leaving, and book the tickets themselves should they fall through.
I am still in a pickle as to final destinations for my journey, but I think I’ve finally decided on the following:
- Fly into Kuala Lumpur, spend 3-4 days
- Fly to Kuching for 2 days – see the Orangutans
- Fly to Miri and onto Mulu for 2-3 days
- Fly back to KL and onto Manilla
- Manilla for 2-3 days
- Fly to Palawan for at least a week
- Fly to Legazpi for 3-4 days, swim with Whale sharks, etc
- Fly to Cebu for at least a week
- Fly to Manilla, onto KL, and down to Lombok
- Lombok to Gili Islands for at least a week
- MAYBE Fly onto Myanmar depending on funds by this time
- Or Fly back to Australia
All time periods are open ended, since the price of flights doesn’t seem to jump up at all the closer to the dates I get.
I guess i’m wondering if I should go to Langkawi and skip Borneo or just stick with what it is now. Langkawi for the beauty and relative cheapness, Borneo for the utter uniqueness but not for its cost. Either way I’m pretty excited, and I hope to have a definite departure date soon!
Thank you to everyone who helped, and if you have any more advice regarding this rough plan please don’t hesitate to comment below! 🙂