So the common joke circulating around the internet is 2016 is a disease and it needs to go away. Fair enough, but I’ve probably never had a better year in terms of personal development and self realisation. I achieved so much this year and I am honestly so proud when I look back and see what I’ve done.
All the positives from 2016:
- Lost 12 kilograms purely from cutting sugar and eating healthier
- Travelled for exactly 1/3 of 2016 over two big trips
- Travelled to seven countries – Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Japan and South Korea
- Started this blog and realised it’s something I want to build up and make my own
- Overcame my self hate towards my writing and fear of anyone reading it
- Realised my passions of travel and writing can become one and I can make it happen
- Almost completely eradicated depression/anxiety from my life
- Moved to the beach
- Solo travelled for the first time, finally, and am firmly addicted to it
- Met a host of amazing people at every stage of this year
I feel like 2016 was a huge year for me and it’s lead to my own goals forming for next year for what seems like the first time in a very long time.
Bring on 2017!